A Life Start Student Loan is suitable to finance higher and further education.Get a student loan from R4 000 to finance further and higher education including books and tuition fees.
The Life Start Student Account is available to registered full time students aged 18 to 25. At FNB we believe thatas a student, managing your cash and finances should be the least of your worries. That is why FNB offers youhassle-free student money management and you do not need to worry about expensive bank charges.
You can use the Loan to:
- Pay tuition fees directly to the University/educational institution
- Service only the interest portion whilst completing your studies and start repaying interest plus capital after graduation
- Consider your no obligations quote, which is valid for 10 days
To apply for a student loan, your parent or sponsor must be permanently or self employed; should have worked for the same employer or in the same industry for a reasonable period of time; and should be able to afford the monthly repayments. His/her credit record as well as bank account conduct will also be taken into consideration.
- A valid green bar-coded South African Identity Document for the parent as well as the student
- Non-FNB customer: original bank statements for the last 3 months
- Most recent pay slips / proof of employment:
- One month’s pay slip if paid monthly
- Two if paid fortnightly
- Four if paid weekly
- Provide a quote from the University/educational institution.